Tuesday 20 September 2011

Introducing Red


I've been busy painting recently and decided that I really didn't like the red paint that I had, it was more an orange colour and didn't really fit in with my plans, so I had to come up with another way of introducing red into the colour scheme.  After thinking about it for a while, I decided the best way to do this was to buy red accessories.  This I thought was a great idea, because it allowed me to do something I really love.  SHOP.  I was going to take my time with this, because I have no where to put things once I buy them.  I had started loading things into the bus, but then thought, well, I am going to have to take everything out again once it's all finished, because the bus needs to be weighed as close to empty as possible, so why make extra work for myself.  But I really can't help myself, and if I see something I like, I just have to have it, so I have justified myself by saying, well, it's only little and it wont take much to move it again.  Problem is, I now have about 50 "only little" things on the bus already, and I still have things throughout the house that need to go on there.  See, I told you, I just cant help myself.
I think its going to look good though.  I have bought red silicone oven mitts, egg poachers, tongs, spatulas, and other bits and pieces.  I have even seen red and white bowls and plates at K Mart which Terry and I both like, so I think I will get those too.  I think this will work better, because really we only have limited wall we can hang things on.  Speaking of wall, Terry is plodding along nicely with cutting the walls.  He has been following a book, which he bought online, but I came across a blog by someone else who was converting a bus, and showed him.  He was impressed and decided he would try it their way, and it has turned out to be easier.  He even contacted this couple and thanked them for the information.  
Terry working on the wall
I can't wait till the walls are up, it will make it look more like home.  Once the first walls are up, we can bring in the vanity and toilet, then the rest of the bathroom walls can go up.  I have started making the curtains, and I will be able to put them up soon, and measure them properly, before I cut the length and then a friend is going to sew them for me.  I just cut and tack, I have no idea how to use a sewing machine.  Then we should be able to start sleeping in there.  To start of, we will just spend week ends in there.  Just to get used to it.  Then, once the plumbing is finished, we will start to drive it away for the week end.  I really can't wait to do that.  It will mean we are one step closer to leaving.  Hopefully, by Christmas we will be living in Number 3 full time.
A close up of Terry measuring up the wall


I bought a new (second hand) kids sofa bed the other week end for Horatio, and at first he hated it, but yesterday he used it for the first time.  I'm really pleased because the one he has is really old and I really didn't want to take it with us.  I'm still not sure where it will go on the bus, but thats ok, he needs his bed and we will find somewhere for it.  I also bought him one of those pet toilets for times when we have to leave him all day.  He hasn't used it yet, however I do put it out for him when ever we go away and I leave him locked in the house.  He is pretty good and never really leaves a mess for us to clean up, but as he gets older, he might not be able to hold on as long.  He is quite happy to sit in it, so hopefully he will not have a problem using it if he has to.


Horatio on his toilet
Horatio is adapting well to being on the bus with us.  He joins us most of the time when we go in there to work.  At first he was struggling with the floating floor, it was so funny watching him trying to jump on the bed then he figured out how to get up there using the side bit at the head of the bed, where the back seat used to be.  Now he just runs up the bus and jumps.  Once the walls are up, it could be a different story though.  We will see what happens.
 Our cat Grezette spends most of the day curled up sleeping on the bed.  It's nice and warm in there and she hangs around near the door in the morning waiting for one of us to unlock it.  As soon as its unlocked, she runs in there and we don't usually see her again for hours.  We are going to miss Grezette when we leave.  We have entrusted her care to my sister, and I think she will be much happier here than travelling in a bus with us.
Horatio on his bed

But for now, number 3 will be a warm safe haven for Grezette, and when we move into it later this year, she will no doubt, share the bed with us like she does in the house.  It will seem strange not having her with us when we leave, but we have decided its for the best if she stays behind.  










No comments:

Post a Comment